Shopify Test Mode
Do not enable test mode on your live site because once the payment method is activated in the store settings, it's live for customers to use. Use a staging/development Shopify store only.
Afterpay and Clearpay integrations on Shopify support test mode. This means you are able to:
- Connect a sandbox Afterpay/Clearpay account
- Mock all supported transactions including orders, authorizations, captures, voids and refunds
Enabling Test Mode
- Log in to Shopify
- Enter Shopify Store
- Go to the Afterpay/Clearpay payment settings screen.
- Scroll down to the Afterpay/ Clearpay Payment Method and click “Manage”.
- Once you click the “Manage” button, you will see the page below:
- Check “Enable Test Mode” and click Save.
- Click the "manage" button again and select "Set up test mode".
- A pop up box will appear. Enter the Sandbox Merchant ID and Secret Key and select "Continue" to save your credentials.
Transactions will not be in “test mode” unless you both connect your test mode account AND enable test mode
How do I know if Sandbox is enabled?
To check if Sandbox has been configured correctly, go to your test site and conduct a test transaction. Once it has been redirected to the Afterpay/Clearpay Login page, check the URL and it should be a Sandbox URL.
How to Create a Test Order
Follow the instructions here to create a sandbox account and mock various transaction approval outcomes.
As a merchant onboarding a production account will be needed to sign up and receive production credentials, enabling you to click the "activate Afterpay" button.
Updated 9 months ago