How can I update my Magento 2 Extension?
The process of updating the Afterpay extension for Magento 1 involves the complete removal of all extension files, followed by copying the new files.
1. Remove old Afterpay files/folders
[MAGENTO] will refer to the root folder where you have installed your version of Magento.
- Remove Files in:
2a. Install latest version of Afterpay Extension
Click the following link to learn how to install the latest version of the Afterpay Extension on your Magento 2 store:
2b. Install latest version of Afterpay Extension using Composer
Prerequisite for this section is that the extension should be installed using composer.
[MAGENTO] refers to the root folder where Magento is installed.
- Open Command Line Interface and navigate to the Magento directory on your server
- In CLI, run the below command to update Afterpay module:
composer update afterpay-global/module-afterpay
- Make sure that Composer finished the update without errors
- In CLI, run the Magento setup upgrade:
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
- In CLI, run the Magento Dependencies Injection Compile:
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
- In CLI, run the Magento Static Content deployment:
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
3. Flush the Magento System Cache
Login to Magento Admin and go to System → Cache Management. Then select Flush Cache Storage
Updated almost 3 years ago